Thursday, June 10, 2010

It’s in the Bag! Jason Travis’s ‘In Persona’ Portraits

Photographer Jason Travis's voyeuristic "In Persona" project captures, in diptych form, young Atlanta folk and the freight they haul around in their backpacks, purses, tote bags and clutches. The cargo ranges from the expected (iPhones, Altoid tins) to the unexpected (American-flag running shorts, a collection of southern dollhouse hats, a revolver); but I would argue that the owners' portraits are the most captivating. Each face is uniquely expressive and infinitely mesmerizing. Makes me wonder what Jason could do for my ugly mug, but, alas, I don't live anywhere near the ATL, so I did my own "In Persona" homage self-portrait style. Glimpse a few of Jason's here before you peep my DIY version here.



Sent from James' iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment