Apparently the washingtonpost held a contest in which high school teachers sent in the "worst" analogies they'd encountered in grading their students' papers over the years. (I place "worst" in quotes because many of these actually strike me as quite witty). The top 25 of these have been circulating around the "Sandra Bullock" ("net", get it?) recently, but I decided to post all 56 that I was able to find. Here they are, in their order of objective funniness (in my opinion):
- Her eyes were like two brown circles with big black dots in the center.
- He was as tall as a 6′3″ tree.
- Her face was a perfect oval, like a circle that had its two sides gently compressed by a Thigh Master.
- From the attic came an unearthly howl. The whole scene had an eerie, surreal quality, like when you're on vacation in another city and Jeopardy comes on at 7:00 p.m. instead of 7:30.
- John and Mary had never met. They were like two hummingbirds who had also never met.
Sent from James' iPhone