Ryan was taking his first flight, to Walt Disney World, for his fourth birthday.Daniel Rubin: Another case of TSA overkill (via Digg)
The boy is developmentally delayed, one of the effects of being born 16 weeks prematurely. His ankles are malformed and his legs have low muscle tone. In March he was just starting to walk...
The screener told them to take off the boy's braces.
The Thomases were dumbfounded. "I told them he can't walk without them on his own," Bob Thomas said.
"He said, 'He'll need to take them off.' "
Ryan's mother offered to walk him through the detector after they removed the braces, which are custom-made of metal and hardened plastic.
No, the screener replied. The boy had to walk on his own.
- TSA detains Middle-Eastern Studies major for carrying Arabic ...
- TSA warns TSA to be on the lookout for anti-terror agents - Boing ...
- Boing Boing: TSA chief promises an eternity of unshoeing
- Boing Boing: Bruce Schneier interviews TSA head Kip Hawley
- TSA at LAX still requiring air travelers to remove all electronics ...
- Boing Boing: TSA head calls lighter-ban "security theater"
- TSA confiscates geologist's rock - Boing Boing
Sent from James' iPhone