Thursday, July 29, 2010

Anne Rice Quits Christianity



Anne Rice Quits Christianity
Anne Rice Facebook ImageAnne Rice has posted on her Facebook page that she has quit being a Christian. Anne Rice says she remains committed to Christ but not to "being 'Christian' or to being part of Christianity." She posted the following message on her Facebook account today.
As I said below, I quit being a Christian. I'm out. In the name of Christ, I refuse to be anti-gay. I refuse to be anti-feminist. I refuse to be anti-artificial birth control. I refuse to be anti-Democrat. I refuse to be anti-secular humanism. I refuse to be anti-science. I refuse to be anti-life. In the name of Christ, I quit Christianity and being Christian. Amen.
Yesterday, she posted this message.
For those who care, and I understand if you don't: Today I quit being a Christian. I'm out. I remain committed to Christ as always but not to being "Christian" or to being part of Christianity. It's simply impossible for me to "belong" to this quarrelsome, hostile, disputatious, and deservedly infamous group. For ten years, I've tried. I've failed. I'm an outsider. My conscience will allow nothing else.
Anne Rice has also been quoting the Bible on her Facebook account, which can be found here.

Permalink | Recent Headlines | Our News Feeds



Sent from James' iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment