Sunday, November 21, 2010

How TSA screeners feel about junk-touching

Here's a survey of 17 anonymous TSA Transportation Security Officers, discussing their discomfort with being required to touch strangers' genitals to earn a living:
"It is not comfortable to come to work knowing full well that my hands will be feeling another man's private parts, their butt, their inner thigh. Even worse is having to try and feel inside the flab rolls of obese passengers and we seem to get a lot of obese passengers!"

"Do you think I want to go to work and place my hands between women's legs and touch their breasts for a few hours? For starters, I am attracted to men, not women and if I was attracted to women, it would not be the large number of passengers I handle daily that have a problem understanding what personal hygiene is."

"Yesterday a passenger told me to keep my hands off his penis or he'd scream. Is this how a 40 year old man in business attire acts? He'll scream? My 3 year old can get away with saying he'll scream, but a 40 something business man? I am a professional doing my job, whether I agree with this current policy or not, I am doing my job. I do not want to be here all day touching penises."

TSA Enhanced Pat Downs : The Screeners Point Of View http://feeds.boingboing.net/~r/boingboing/iBag/~3/h3UxM2KHWaU/how-tsa-screeners-fe.html

Sent from James' iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment