Monday, November 29, 2010

TSA harasses mother about breast milk


TSA agents in Phoenix insisted on x-raying a mother's breast milk, causing her to miss her flight.

About 10 minutes into all this, a Phoenix PD comes to calm me down. I explain to him that there is no reason I should be treated this way and I have every right to be upset. He then says "they" (aka TSA) saw me coming, have it out for me (from my complaint against TSA the week before when they didn't know the breast milk rules then either), and I should travel out of a different gate in future weeks. He said TSA wants me to play along with their horse and pony show and if I don't then TSA can have the Phoenix PD arrest me!

...I then begged him to read the TSA rules I had printed out. He read the first form which stated that medical liquids can have alternate screening (no x-ray). He was quick to say "well this isn't a medical liquid!" So I had him read the second form which says breast milk is to be treated like a medical liquid. He then says, "well, not today."

... I also missed my flight playing along with his ridiculous game.

From the TSA's web site:

"Mothers flying with, and now without, their child will be permitted to bring breast milk in quantities greater than three ounces as long as it is declared for inspection at the security checkpoint."

"Breast milk is in the same category as liquid medications."

"We normally X-ray medication and related supplies. However, as a customer service, you may ask that Security Officers visually inspect your medication and associated supplies."

TSA agents afraid mother will commit an act of terrorism with breast milk

http://feeds.boingboing.net/~r/boingboing/iBag/~3/e2tyyREZULA/tsa-harasses-mother.html


Sent from James' iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment