Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Twilight Saga: Eclipse: THIS is a saga? Really?

<i>The Twilight Saga: Eclipse</i>: THIS is a saga? Really?

Why bother reviewing The Twilight Saga: Eclipse? Those who wish to see it certainly will do so over and over again, and neither I nor their parents nor a phalanx of tanks and flamethrowers can stop them. And of those people who do not wish to see the film, nothing I could say would make them give it a shot.

Had Eclipse been good, I suppose I could have said something like, "David Slade, who wowed us half a decade ago with Hard Candy, has again mined the ids of fourteen-year-old girls and offered us a dark vision of death and sex," but indeed, Slade knows that he isn't making a movie here. Eclipse defies criticism because it isn't really a film—it's just the shared dream for fans of the novel series.

Or as one of the fans behind me at tonight's screening said as we waited to retrieve our impounded cell phones (studio's orders!), "I liked this one. Jasper had a bunch of lines this time."

http://scifiwire.com/2010/06/the-twilight-saga-eclipse-this-is-a-saga-really.php

Sent from James' iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment