Saturday, March 27, 2010

Disney’s Copy Paste

Link (YouTube)

I never noticed that.

I will note that most of those movies are from "early" Disney, before it became Mega-Disney. You don't see any of their work from the last two decades in there. Most of it looks like stuff from the 50's and 60's. Still, it is amazing that they re-used so many sequences of movements. Makes me wonder what techniques they used to generate the sequences that made this an attractive option.

And then at 1:13 when they recycled the same terrible racist stereotype. Arg. I'll bet they wish they could take that one back.

EDIT: People are questioning the stereotype charge. See, I have it in my head that the guy playing the drums is an Asian stereotype: Squinty eyes, buck teeth, and I swear I have this memory of him talking in an exaggerated Chinese accent. Maybe having some sort of "Confucius say" shtick?

But it's a childhood memory. So many people are questioning the stereotype that I'm now doubting myself. Maybe I'm confusing it with another character.







Sent from James' iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment